4 March 2014

Products NOT Worth The Hype

I'm not often a negative nancy on duggydimples but on occasion I come across some pretty disappointing products and I think they are just as - if not more - important to know about.


























I've talked about La Roche-Posay's Effaclar Duo a few times and I felt so mixed about it for a long
time. I wanted to love it but it just didn't work with my skin. In fact, I'm pretty sure it was causing more breakouts rather than reducing them (which - if we're honest - is its claim to fame). For some it seems to work wonders and for others it wreaks havoc, sadly I'm the latter.

I'm a huge fan of the L'Oreal Superliner so I picked up their Superliner 'Blockbuster' under the impression that I'd love this too. Boy, was I wrong. The thicker nib isn't the best to work with and the colour payoff is rubbish. It doesn't come out black in the slightest - more of a grey shade.

I think the product I'm most disappointed with is the infamous NYX 'Taupe' Blush - donned the ultimate contour shade for pale skin. I'm pretty sure I received a dodgy one as I seem to be the only person that doesn't like it! The pigmentation is dreadful, no matter how hard I try to pick some of the product up it just doesn't payoff. I picked up another NYX blush in the shade 'Red' at the same time and it's quite the opposite - its super pigmented so you only need the tiniest bit for great colour payoff. Strange huh? 

12 comments:

  1. Really surprised to hear a negative review about the Effaclar Duo! xx

    http://www.adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've spoken to a few other beauty bloggers on twitter that didn't get on with it either! It seems to be one of those marmite products x

      Delete
  2. I'm not that fussed on the Effaclar Duo cream either. Much prefer the Effaclar K lotion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to love it but I just didn't! I haven't tried anything else by them xx

      Delete
  3. I have the same problem with the Taupe blush. It just doesn't seem to show up on me and I am as fair as they come

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who was disappointed with it! I've just ordered the body shop honey bronzer in the hopes to find a decent shade for my fair skin. If I get on well with it I'll give you a heads up! x

      Delete
  4. Such a shame about these three products especially the Effacular Duo, I've wanted to try these products for a while its a shame they didn't work as well as you thought:)x

    curlsandcometsblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really gutted about the effaclar duo cus' I struggle with my skin.. but alas it didn't work for me! But hey, what doesn't work for some may work for others! :) x

      Delete
  5. I know you commented on my post about it but you must have a one off dodgy Taupe as it's so pigmented normally :( xx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know its such a shame! I tried scratching the top layer off like you said but it just didn't work :( xx

      Delete
  6. I'm not keen of the Effaclar Duo either, although I do want to try the Effeclar Duo + as I've heard a lot of people who didn't get on with the first really like the + version xx

    beckysbeautyfix.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wreaked havoc on my skin. Made it 10x worse! I've seen a few people talking about the + version but think I'm gonna stay away! x

      Delete