25 January 2014

Rimmels Match Perfection Foundation

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I've found the perfect match (excuse the pun!) for my fair skin and it only cost £6.99. Oh my days. I've always found it really difficult finding a foundation to suit my fair skin and I almost always have to rely on high end brands. Or so I thought, until I stumbled across Rimmel's Match Perfection Foundation in the shade '010' Light Porcelain.



















































Rimmel claim that this foundation will give the skin an 'illumating glow' which (considering I have oily/combination skin) was something I was a little apprehensive about. Thankfully, it works really well with my skin type as I've found it gives a lovely satin finish and controls oil. I've only powdered my face once today... ONCE! That,  my friends, is something to be excited about. It lasts a very long time, doesn't oxidise, doesn't cling to any dry patches and leaves my skin looking like skin. I'm so excited about finally finding an affordable foundation that suits my fair skin it's bordering on being a little sad!

What's your verdict on highstreet foundations? Yay or nay?

10 comments:

  1. I have recently discovered the Rimmel 25 hour foundation which I think is also so good despite me having oily skin and being so pale but it's great! I may have to invest in this after though! I'm currently holding a giveaway on my blog, it's not much but it'd be great if you could enter :)
    http://theperksofmeg.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/giveaway-thank-you-for-100-followers.html x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that the one with the red lid? I tried that a while ago and the shade just wasn't light enough! A smidge too dark. I'll have a look over on your blog now Meg! xx

      Delete
  2. I wonder if they sell this in the States! I'm ALWAYS searching for the perfect drugstore foundation! I'm also the fairest of the fair skint tone wise! This might be a nice match :)

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is by far the best match I've found from the drugstore! I hope you can find it! xx

      Delete
  3. I've used the concealer from this product range which I loved, I'll need to try this one day!
    I've nominated you for the Liebster Award hun. Check it out here
    http://www.superwomanchick.co.uk/2014/01/liebster-award-3.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the concealer too! An old fave. Thanks chuck, I'll check it out now. x

      Delete
  4. I love your blog! I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Awards. You can check out what it is over on my blog :-)

    Meg ♡
    http://mynameis-meg.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg! I've not heard of that award before! I will have a look now. xx

      Delete
  5. This sounds amazing! I am very pale / oily so I have a terrible time finding foundations that work well for me. I'll definitely have to give it a try :)

    Charlotte Breony xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great for us pale girls Charlotte! It has a slight fragrance at first which normally worries me but I haven't had any adverse effects :) xx

      Delete