28 September 2013

MAC 'Rebel' Lipstick

A few weeks ago I had a little splurge and picked up MAC's infamous satin finish lipstick in the shade 'Rebel'. Now I'm sure you've seen this floating around the blogosphere already (and if not I'm gonna presume you've been hiding under a rock) but nevertheless, I thought I'd put my two cents in.
 

Rebel can be a bit scary at first (especially if you're as white as Casper the ghost like me) but it's much less scary once applied to the lips. It's a gorgeous deep purple-y pink shade that adds instant drama to your look. My boyfriend actually said it reminded him of blackcurrant; and I think that's a pretty good comparison! Luckily for me, I love blackcurrant. 

 Like I said, Casper the ghost!

Formula wise, it offers an intense colour pay off and a semi matte finish. It isn't drying at all though, in fact it's quite moisturising compared to the other MAC finishes I've tried! The only niggle I have with this lippie is that it does "bleed". It's a pain in the a** to apply (I actually have to use a lip brush for this. Whuut?!) but that's something I can live with. I do think though that I'm going to have find a lip liner in a similar shade before I can wear this on a night out. If you have any recommendations please let me know (I'm hoping to find one on the high street)!
 
I haven't been brave enough to wear this while I'm out on my travels yet, but it's a definite 'go to' lippie for a night out on the town! I think it'll get a lot more use as we move closer into A/W. It just doesn't feel right wearing this sultry vampy shade when the sun is still shining outside!
Have you tried Rebel? What are your thoughts? 

6 comments:

  1. That looks like such a gorgeous colour for Winter!

    Beth | BeautyBubbles xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yeah I think I'll be wearing it all the time during Winter! xx

      Delete
  2. I love this lipstick deffo my fave!
    I picked up a perfect lipliner for this from Ebay. It was a company called Laval? I think my lipliner was called plum. Only £1.90 x.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah perfect! I just wanted something cheap and cheerful to whack on underneath! Thanks so much I'll check it out. xx

      Delete
  3. I've not tried it as I have one similar but it is such a gorgeous shade! You look lovely with it on :)

    http://www.blogthiswithhannah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete