30 July 2013

Elemis Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Gel Mask | Review

Let me start off by saying this is not a product I would gravitate towards when searching the market for a new face mask. I got this cute little 15ml sample size in the BBB edit beauty box put together by British Beauty Blogger. I wouldn't necessarily gravitate towards this mask if I saw it on a shelf due to the fact its targeted towards those with more mature skin. As I'm only 20 years old (21 in 4 days!) I don't tend to use anti-ageing products. Nevertheless, I thought I'd give it a whirl.


Containing Amazonian Acerola Cherry and White Truffle Poria Cocos to encourage retexturising of the skins surface and balance sebum levels, it claims to make the skin instantly smoother, shine free and more radiant. Elemis advise you to use it twice a week for best results and warn that you will experience a powerful tingling sensation.
 
This 'powerful tingling sensation' that they warn you of is HEAVENLY. The only thing I can compare it to is the feeling you get when you breathe in after you've used mouthwash or something minty. It's soo fresh.  
 
I can't really comment on the anti-ageing results of this product. Firstly because I've only been able to use it 6 times (much more than I was expecting to get out of the little tube!) and secondly because I don't have a great deal of wrinkles etc. I have, however, noticed that after each use my face really is instantly smoother and radiant - whilst any shine is kept at bay.
 
I hate to say it, because at £45 it isn't exactly purse friendly (the cheapest I've been able to find it being sold at is £38.25, here) but it really does seem to do everything that it claims. It is absolutely not the most affordable product though, and it's definitely not something that I can justify buying. Boo. 
 
Have you tried this product? What were your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment