2 April 2013

Spots... be gone!

If you're a regular reader of my blog you'll know that I've been suffering with breakouts for about a year now. I've been trying all sorts of lotions and potions to try and sort my troublesome skin out.. and I think I've finally found a duo that is working wonders for my skin. Yay!

Everyone put your hands together for... Lush's tea tree water and grease lightning (apologies for the creepy hand position hah).


Tea Tree Water - £3.95 - Grease Lightning - £5.95
You can purchase both of these products here.
 
A few weeks ago my trusty Malin & Goetz acne treatment ran out. I did a review on product, if you want to check it out you can here. Anyway, to cut a long story short I opted for Lush's grease lightning spot treatment. Designed to 'strike the spot with lightning precision' it contains lovely natural ingredients such as tea tree and witch hazel. It's comes out as a clear gel, but once dry it is noticeable - so I tend to wear this when I'm moping around the house or of an evening. It tends to give me that almost 'tight' feeling that you sometimes get from using a face mask.

While placing my order online I found myself adding the 'tea tree water' into my basket too (I have no self control, late night internet shopping when bored is a bad idea!). Now I don't know much about toners, if I'm quite honest I've never understood their use. Lush state that this toner water 'comes to the aid of skin that has emergencies' and is a wonder product for anyone with oily or spot prone skin. You can apply this onto a cotton pad before applying it to your face but I tend to just spritz it all over my face and let it soak in (it only takes a jiffy).

Now for the results.. I've been using these products in conjunction with each other for the past two weeks and normally I'd spend a little more time trying them out before reviewing - but I was too pleased with the results I just couldn't wait. I've been really enjoying using the toner water as it's really refreshing and I think it has helped calm down any skin irritations as well as reduce oil. My skin has been noticeably less oily since using these products and as the toner is the only one I use all over my face so I'm putting it down to that.

Grease lightning has been an absolute savior. Overall my skin has improved massively, I've had so many less breakouts. But for those nasties that I have had this spot treatment has really helped to both reduce and soothe them. In a matter of a few days they've disappeared and (thank god) haven't left any unsightly red marks.

If, like me, you struggle with breakouts and oil I would highly recommend these products to you! In comparison to some higher priced products these work just as well for me, if not better. Who doesn't love a good bargain?

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I was thinking of getting both of these and I was wondering which one you used first? I presume you put the toner on then the grease lightening but I'm not entirely sure! I'm glad you found something that worked!x

    http://hannahasalways.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hannah! My skin is still far from perfect but the toner really helped calm my skin down (I ran out of it months ago and I always forget to repurchase!). I started using them both at the same time but I've gotta say that I think the toner helped the most. I've still got quite a bit of the grease lightning left but it goes unloved in my drawer. xx

      Delete